Summer is a time when we want to look and feel our best. This is where injectables, cosmetic treatments like dermal fillers and Botox, come in.
Many other cosmetic treatments get in the way of enjoying the great outdoors, not fillers and Botox. In fact, getting injectables before the summer kicks in is a great way to plan ahead. These treatments can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, providing a rejuvenated look.
Even so, results are not permanent: Ultraviolet rays (UV) from the sun and excessive heat can affect the treatment, making your results fade away faster. We want to go over this and help you make more informed decisions on your fillers and botox, taking action if necessary.
A Quick Dive: Fillers and Botox in a Nutshell
What exactly are dermal fillers and Botox?
Basically, they’re both injectable cosmetic treatments. However, there are some clear differences:
- Dermal fillers are a popular way to restore youthful fullness to your face, especially in parts where age has taken some volume away. They are natural components like hyaluronic acid, which our own body produces. They help hydrate and give a plump look to the skin. While they do offer a temporary boost, how long their effect lasts can vary, typically between six and eighteen months, depending on the type of filler and where it’s applied to the facial area.
- On the other hand, the ever present Botox is a popular choice for smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines. It’s derived from botulinum toxin and works by relaxing muscle activity in the treated areas. This is a temporary solution, and it ensures that the treated muscle remains relaxed, giving your skin a fresher appearance. Just like fillers, to keep those fine lines at bay, regular treatments are recommended.
Both Botox and dermal fillers are gentle, non-invasive injectable treatments that our patients find quite comfortable. They offer a fantastic alternative to surgery, with minimal recovery time and clearly visible results in just a few days. When you use them together, Botox and dermal fillers harmoniously address many of our patients’ facial concerns. While dermal fillers work wonders on static wrinkles and help rejuvenate facial volume, Botox effectively eases dynamic stress wrinkles. This combination ensures a comprehensive and youthful facial treatment.
Sun vs. Injectables: A playful tug-of-war
Whenever one of our patients uses injectables, we recommend they stay away from the sun and the heat. There are several reasons:
- Enjoying the sun is great, but after your treatment, it’s best to give your skin a break.
- You should try to avoid direct sunlight as much as possible, as it can be a bit harsh during the healing phase.
- Sun exposure could intensify some of the normal reactions like itchiness, puffiness, and heightened touch sensitivity.
- The heat can cause your blood vessels to widen, potentially letting toxins enter your bloodstream.
Sunshine and Sensibility
Ah, our glorious sun! While it provides us with Vitamin D, essential for our bones, and other positive health effects, it can also sometimes be too much, leaving lasting traces and effects on our skin.
“Photoaging” is the fancy term for these sun-induced effects. Unlike the expression lines from shared jokes or the furrowed brows from deep thoughts, these are the marks we’d rather not have. They can make our skin feel like it’s lost some of its youthful vitality.
But here’s the heartening bit: It’s never too late to pamper your skin. Think of treatments like Botox and dermal fillers as small acts of kindness for your skin, helping to soften those solar side effects.
Summer Skincare: A Gentle Guide
If you’re pondering treatments, here’s a bit of sun-soaked wisdom:
Stay Cool After Botox
Post-Botox, it’s best to play it cool. Literally. Heat can be an issue, making Botox hustle more than we’d like. So, for a day or two post-treatment, maybe give saunas and sunbathing a miss. And if dermal fillers are on your radar, they too prefer cooler climes. Heat can be a touch unkind to them, and the treated areas might feel a bit irritated.
And the sun? While its rays are lovely for picnics, they can be too intense for freshly treated skin, making it more vulnerable and extending its downtime.
For those who’ve opted for injectables, the SkinCeuticals Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier could be a boon. And if, post-treatment your skin feels like it needs a little TLC, the Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Maque is like a gentle lullaby for it. You can rinse it off after a bit or let your skin bask in its goodness overnight.
Your Summer Skincare Compass
Navigating summer skincare? Here’s a quick map:
- Cleanser: Think of it as a refreshing morning and evening splash.
- Toner: A light pat, especially if your skin leans towards the shiny side.
- Antioxidant: Your skin’s shield against the daily hustle and bustle.
- Moisturizer: A dollop of love to keep your skin’s spirits up.
- Exfoliator: A gentle scrub to keep your skin feeling sprightly.
- Sunscreen: Your trusty hat against the sun’s enthusiastic rays.
A Touch More on Injectables
Sometimes, Botox might need a second act to truly shine. If you’re contemplating a touch-up, give it a fortnight. Good things, as they say, come to those who wait.
Dermal fillers, on the other hand, march to their own beat. Depending on a host of factors, you might need occasional touch-ups.
To Wrap Up
Summer, with its balmy days and sunlit evenings, is a joy. Nevertheless, we should be touch more mindful of our skin, especially post-injectables. With a sprinkle of care and a dash of wisdom, you can soak in the sun and keep your skin feeling cherished and radiant.
Ready to take your wellness to the next level? We’re here to help!
Call (647)622-0850 or click here to book a consultation. Flawless skin awaits!